Jewelry, Women, and Web Shopping

15 May

Jewelry, Women, and Web Shopping

Do women buy jewelry on-line? According to a recent report by IndexOnline, not so much. While many of us admit to taking virtual shopping tours during company time (oh, we are so naughty, aren't we), most of us are not shopping for jewelry all that much. Of course, then I have to wonder about this news because practically every other day Amazon.com is announces new quarterly gains in their jewelry and watch sales. So, who is buying that if not women? Are our guys buying all that jewelry? If so, then thanks.

Here's more from the report, U.S. Women Spend 1.2 Hours Shopping Online A Week:

Interestingly, online shopping time for women is generally spent on themselves (51%), whereas in-store shopping is more often focused on family members or others (56%).

The average spent on a single item online is $397. However, 15 percent of women have spent on average $1,000 or more.

What implications does this have for online jewelry purchasing? While the average ticket is fairly low, more than one-quarter of women have spent more than $1,000, and 9 percent have spend $2,500 or more shopping online in the past year.

The disheartening news for retailers is that, according to the survey, 7 percent of women will not buy jewelry online.

Okay, then only 7% won't. That leaves, what? 93% who will?

Related posts:

  1. Women Are Buying Jewelry
  2. No Transit Equals More Jewelry Web Sales
  3. Tips for Virtual Jewelry Shopping
  4. What Jewelry Did You Buy Yourself?
  5. Internet and Jewelry Giving

2 Responses to “Jewelry, Women, and Web Shopping”

  1. nfsdsf September 14, 2009 at 8:34 am #

    Frozen winter is coming,do you like to buy ugg to preventing cold and keeping warm.As a pursuer for the most stylish ,is there any ugg boots you have in mind?I think you have no excuse anymore if you don’t have a pair of UGG Bailey Button Boots.The Bailey Button UGG can be worn as a UGG classic short Boots or UGG classic mini Boots . Hottest pop style.If you like the UGG tall boots,www.realugg.com can provide high quality of Ugg Tall Boots in low price,Are you straitened for Ugg Boots Insoles,don’t worry ,we have the best Ugg Boots Insoles on sale ,many of which are hand made by craftspeople.RealUGG,Inc came up with some new-styles- Ugg Lo Pro Button , Ugg Women’s Rainier, We offer a wide range of UGG Boots in different color and styles. Browse the website, we are sure you will find Real UGG to tempt you!

  2. Tammy May 18, 2007 at 10:36 am #

    I agree. I’m sure age has some affect on this. Though, jewelry is something I admittedly like to touch before buying as well. Of course, I say that but I have bought and still do buy on line.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>